Netgear WiFi range extender is used as a leading extender in all over the world because it comes with the latest technology. With this device, you can easily expand the coverage area of your home and office. The user can also attach several smart devices with their Netgear extender and they can easily change the mode of their extender. The user can use Netgear extender as bridge mode or AP mode. You can set the timing of your internet connection for individual profiles.
Mywifiext is a method to setup your Netgear WiFi range extender. It helps in connecting your Netgear extender device to the home router. Once you login to mywifiext, you all need to click on new extender setup. It will redirect you to on-screen instructions to setup your extender device or Genie setup wizard of Netgear.
How to Run Smart Setup Installation in Tri-band Extender?
- Open any browser which is connected to the computer or the wireless device connected to the home network.
- Enter either IP address 192.168.1.249 or mywifiext on the address bar of the web browser.
- The default login page displays on the screen. Enter default username and password. After filling the login credentials, click on the login button.
- Status page of mywifiext appears on the screen of your computer.
- Tab on Smart Setup button. Installation of Smart setup displays on the screen.
- Follow rest process of installation by following on-screen instructions.
How to Change Network Name of Tri-band Extender?
- Open a web browser in your computer which is connected to the home network.
- Enter 192.168.1.249 IP address or mywifiext on the address bar of the web browser.
- Login page of Netgear extender appears on the screen.
- Enter “admin” as the username and “password” on the password tab. After that, click on OK button to login to Netgear extender.
- Click on the settings tab and select the Wireless tab.
- After that, a wireless page displays on the network.
- Remove the present network name in order to change the Network name Go to SSID field. Now, type your desired network name.
- At last, click on the Save button to save all the changes make in the settings.